Are You a Vegan or a Vegetarian?
Following a vegetarian or a vegan/plant-based diet is a healthy way of eating when done properly. There are a variety of nutrients that are often not consumed adequately by vegetarians/vegans. Some of these micro-nutrients include (but not limited to): iron, vitamin B12 and iodine. Meeting protein requirements is also often a challenge for those following a vegetarian/vegan diet.
When the body has a low intake of certain nutrients it can influence overall health and well-being. At Beyond Nutrition, our Dietitians can help you reaching your nutritional requirements by discussing good nutrient sources, giving meal ideas and also designing a healthy balanced diet plan that includes all the nutrients.
We know what we’re talking about as our clinical director Katharina is a lifelong vegetarian and 7 years a vegan.
How Does a Nutrition Consultation Work?
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. During the consultation, our Dietitian and nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerance are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- And the assessment can be complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to arrive at a very detailed snapshot of your unique makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian and nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and a uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended.
Appointments can be made on 042 43 4166 or you can directly book in our appointment form (under Nutritional Consultation).