Vegan & Vegetarian Nutrition
We Help You with Vegetarian & Vegan Nutrition
How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
Our highly qualified Dietitians & Nutritionists
Our recent newspaper articles
We are here for you
More Details on Vegan & Vegetarian Nutrition Consultation
Our lifestyle guide – in a nutshell!
The tips below will help you to get the most out of your vegan lifestyle:
- Ensure your diet contains a broad set of fruit and vegetables – eat a colorful rainbow!
- Choose starchy / higher fibre foods, such as oats, brown rice, sweet potato, wholemeal bread or pasta
- Include good sources of protein in most meals, such as beans, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, soya alternatives to milk and yoghurt, or peanuts
- Eat nuts and seeds daily, especially those rich in omega-3 fat
- Eat calcium-rich foods daily, such as calcium-fortified products and calcium-set tofu
- Consider vitamin D supplement if you do not expose your skin to sunlight regularly
- Reduce amount of salt
- Consider a supplement containing vitamins B12 and D, calcium, iron, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fats
- Maintain a healthy weight, or lose some weight if it is above the healthy range
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.