How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
Our qualified Dietitians & Nutritionist
Our recent newspaper articles
More Details on Sports Nutrition
Nutritional goals for athletes are often very specific and require careful management and monitoring of dietary patterns and food intake to ensure that the food consumption and timing are appropriate. Many athletes also use dietary supplementation to help meet their increased nutritional needs and performance goals.
Consulting with a Dietitian or nutritionist to discuss your nutritional intake is extremely important because they will offer you guidance, and a meal plan that works with the schedule, time restraints, and increased nutritional needs that you require. For example, it would be good to know if supplementation is necessary or if food consumption is enough to meet your requirements
A well-balanced and nutritious diet is necessary to attain good physical health and overall wellness. In addition, getting the right amount of nutrients can help individuals avoid illnesses that are primarily caused by unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits.
At Beyond Nutrition in Dubai we conduct many blood tests. The process is simple:
- Book an appointment at our Dubai JLT clinic and our licensed, experienced nurse will take a blood sample which will be sent to the lab the same day. The whole process will take around 10 minutes. We can also visit you at a location of your convenience (additional costs for home/office visits apply)
- The test result report with your blood values will be shared with you by email after 1-2 working days
- If the test results show you have any deficiency, it is highly recommended to expose your skin more to the sun. Bearing in mind skin risks and other limitations here in UAE, many opt for supplements or dietary adjustments. We can support you with separate nutrition consultations with our Dietitian to make the required changes to your diet and lifestyle
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.