Why a Pre-Marital Screening test?
How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
We are here for you
Pre-Marital Screening in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
UAE Personal Status Act No. 28, Article 27, issued in June 2005, edicts that a compulsory premarital medical screening report has to be obtained by couples who are planning to marry in UAE. The Ministry of Health has issued executive decrees to this Act. Working within this context, Health Authority of Dubai (DHA) and Abu Dhabi (HAAD) is setting procedural standards for the premarital health screening required for issuing a
Premarital Screening Report in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and Dubai similar to those applied elsewhere in the UAE. These standards are extensions to existing HAAD and Dubai Standards and Policies for Ambulatory Care, Health Facilities licensing and Laboratories in the Emirate
of Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The premarital health screening program serves several purposes:
1. To ensure couples receive effective health counseling and appropriate advice before marriage.
2. To diagnose previously undetected medical, communicable and hereditary conditions in individual cases.
3. To protect the community and the unborn children from the financial, physical and psychological burden associated with several communicable and hereditary conditions.
4. To provide counseling which might alleviates anxiety especially if there is a family history of certain genetic diseases or consanguinity.
Reaching these purposes requires a clinical and diagnostic service with high sensitivity,
specificity and accuracy, completed within a limited turnaround time and with the highest integrity. These standards emphasize the need for high quality health screening processes which must be met by any health care facility licensed to perform
the Premarital Screening and Counseling Program.
At Beyond Nutrition in Dubai we conduct many vitamin D tests. The process is simple:
- Book an appointment at our Dubai JLT clinic and our licensed, experienced nurse will take a blood sample which will be sent to the lab the same day. The whole process will take around 10 minutes. We can also visit you at a location of your convenience (additional costs for home/office visits apply)
- The test result report with your vitamin D values will be shared with you by email after 1-2 working days
- If the test results show you have a vitamin D deficiency, it is highly recommended to expose your skin more to the sun. Bearing in mind skin risks and other limitations here in UAE, many opt for supplements or dietary adjustments. We can support you with separate nutrition consultations with our Dietitian to make the required changes to your diet and lifestyle
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.