Food Intolerance Test in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
Why a Food Intolerance Test?
How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
Our Recent Newspaper Articles
We are here for you
Food Intolerance Test (FIT) in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
Food plays a significant role in our overall health – some may improve our physical performance and mental abilities, while others may have negative effects on our health. Some foods may help you alleviate the symptoms of a specific disease, while others may aggravate these symptoms.
A food tolerance test is the first step in determining which foods may cause an adverse reaction in your immune system, and it only takes a simple blood test to find out!
Scientific studies have linked intolerance to food-specific IgG antibodies, which can be behind a wide range of symptoms and chronic conditions. Food intolerance is different to a food allergy. Allergies usually occur after the consumption of a specific substance and produces a quick and severe reaction, which can sometimes be accompanied by life-threatening anaphylactic shocks. On the other hand, intolerance develops over time, and the symptoms will only appear when the immune system is already struggling to cope with immune complexes that have accumulated in the body.
Though it is not life-threatening, intolerance to certain foods can have a significant impact on one’s quality of life, and it is generally difficult to diagnose. Because the symptoms appear delayed and may seem unrelated to food consumption, the affected individual may not always associate the symptoms with what they have eaten a few days earlier.
It will help identify the problem foods and will be the basis for designing an elimination diet which will significantly relieve the intolerance’s symptoms. Eliminating problem foods and their ingredients from the body can help greatly with managing the symptoms of some recurring diseases, such as:
- Skin problems such as Eczema
- Crohn’s disease
- Abdominal pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Migraine & headache
- Chronic Fatigue
According to studies published in 2007 and 2010, patients who suffer from migraine, and have food related IgG complexes found in their blood, were proved to be able to manage migraine by a specific diet based on IgG, and without any medications. This diet significantly reduced frequency of migraine attacks and headaches.
According to a study published in the Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes Journal, obese children have higher levels of the IgG antibodies which interact with foods than normal weight children. Thus, the anti-food immunoglobulin G may be related to obesity and atherosclerosis.
3. Crohn’s disease
According to a study published in 2010, a specific diet which devoid the IgG-triggering foods helped patients with Crohn’s disease, and reduced abdominal pain. It has also improved their overall well-being.
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
According to a study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, a specific diet based on IgG food sensitivity significantly helped patients, and improved the quality of their life. It is worth mentioning this study was done on patients who were not previously responding to therapies.
At Beyond Nutrition in Dubai we conduct many blood tests. The process is simple:
- Book an appointment at our Dubai JLT clinic and our licensed, experienced nurse will take a blood sample which will be sent to the lab the same day. The whole process will take around 10 minutes. We can also visit you at a location of your convenience (additional costs for home/office visits apply)
- The test result report with your blood values will be shared with you by email after 1-2 working days
- If the test results show you have a blood value deficiency, it is highly recommended to expose your skin more to the sun. Bearing in mind skin risks and other limitations here in UAE, many opt for supplements or dietary adjustments. We can support you with separate nutrition consultations with our Dietitian to make the required changes to your diet and lifestyle
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.