Fatigue and Low Energy Levels
We Help You with Low Energy Levels
How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
Our highly qualified Dietitians & Nutritionists
Our recent newspaper articles
We are here for you
More Details on Fatique and other Nutrition Consultation
In a world where work hours are long, sleeping hours are few and unhealthy foods are all over, it is no surprise that many people struggle with low energy and fatigue.
Because we live in such a fast-paced, obesogenic world, making good dietary decisions can be difficult. There are many specific foods and drinks that can be causing harm to your energy levels. The human body requires vitamins and minerals to generate energy in the body. When there is a deficiency in nutrients (such as vitamins and minerals) energy production slows down and can result in tiredness and lack of energy.
Three of the most important micronutrients to take into consideration when it comes to energy are:
- B Vitamins
- Antioxidants (e.g. vitamin C and E, Selenium)
These are only 3 micronutrients that influence energy and fatigue. There are many more factors to consider when improving energy levels. Sufficient daily nutrient intake as well as elimination of unhealthy and inflammation-causing foods can improve your overall health as well as enhance your energy levels.
Come speak with one of our expert Dietitians or Nutritionists for more information and advice on how to improve your energy levels.
Our lifestyle guide – in a nutshell!
The tips below will help you to get the most out of your vegan lifestyle:
- Ensure your diet contains a broad set of fruit and vegetables – eat a colorful rainbow!
- Choose starchy / higher fibre foods, such as oats, brown rice, sweet potato, wholemeal bread or pasta
- Include good sources of protein in most meals, such as beans, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, soya alternatives to milk and yoghurt, or peanuts
- Eat nuts and seeds daily, especially those rich in omega-3 fat
- Eat calcium-rich foods daily, such as calcium-fortified products and calcium-set tofu
- Consider vitamin D supplement if you do not expose your skin to sunlight regularly
- Reduce amount of salt
- Consider a supplement containing vitamins B12 and D, calcium, iron, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fats
- Maintain a healthy weight, or lose some weight if it is above the healthy range
At Beyond Nutrition in Dubai we conduct many blood tests. The process is simple:
- Book an appointment at our Dubai JLT clinic and our licensed, experienced nurse will take a blood sample which will be sent to the lab the same day. The whole process will take around 10 minutes. We can also visit you at a location of your convenience (additional costs for home/office visits apply)
- The test result report with your blood values will be shared with you by email after 1-2 working days
- If the test results show you have any deficiency, it is highly recommended to expose your skin more to the sun. Bearing in mind skin risks and other limitations here in UAE, many opt for supplements or dietary adjustments. We can support you with separate nutrition consultations with our Dietitian to make the required changes to your diet and lifestyle
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.