We Help You Improve Your Digestive Health
How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
Our highly qualified Dietitians & Nutritionists
Our recent newspaper articles
We are here for you
More Details on Digestive Health and Nutrition Consultation
The digestive system includes a variety of organs such as the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, pancreas, liver and gallbladder. All of these organs play a specific role in digestion; some for breaking down the foods that we eat and others to produce digestive juices or substances that aid in transportation of broken down foods.
The organs that are part of the digestive system have many roles, not limited to only digestive functions. Some create hormones, others remove toxins from the blood and many more.
It is for these reasons that we always need to protect and promote digestive health with the foods and fluids that we consume.
Some tips on how to start caring for your digestive system:
- Eat real foods – avoid processed foods that are high in fat, salt and sugars
- Enjoy smaller, more frequent meals
- Chew your food well
- Include fermented foods frequently (e.g. yogurt, kefir, fermented vegetables etc.)
- Hydrate yourself!
- Manage stress levels
- Include whole grains that are rich in fiber (such as brown rice or quinoa)
- Add vegetables and fruit daily
Our lifestyle guide – in a nutshell!
The tips below will help you to get the most out of your vegan lifestyle:
- Ensure your diet contains a broad set of fruit and vegetables – eat a colorful rainbow!
- Choose starchy / higher fibre foods, such as oats, brown rice, sweet potato, wholemeal bread or pasta
- Include good sources of protein in most meals, such as beans, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, soya alternatives to milk and yoghurt, or peanuts
- Eat nuts and seeds daily, especially those rich in omega-3 fat
- Eat calcium-rich foods daily, such as calcium-fortified products and calcium-set tofu
- Consider vitamin D supplement if you do not expose your skin to sunlight regularly
- Reduce amount of salt
- Consider a supplement containing vitamins B12 and D, calcium, iron, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fats
- Maintain a healthy weight, or lose some weight if it is above the healthy range
At Beyond Nutrition in Dubai we conduct many blood tests. The process is simple:
- Book an appointment at our Dubai JLT clinic and our licensed, experienced nurse will take a blood sample which will be sent to the lab the same day. The whole process will take around 10 minutes. We can also visit you at a location of your convenience (additional costs for home/office visits apply)
- The test result report with your blood values will be shared with you by email after 1-2 working days
- If the test results show you have any deficiency, it is highly recommended to expose your skin more to the sun. Bearing in mind skin risks and other limitations here in UAE, many opt for supplements or dietary adjustments. We can support you with separate nutrition consultations with our Dietitian to make the required changes to your diet and lifestyle
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.