Diabetes and Metabolic Disorder Nutrition
Do you suffer from metabolic disorder / diabetes?
The human body is extremely sensitive and intricate, and slight changes in the metabolic processes can have negative effects on the body. When there are abnormalities in how your body metabolizes food, this can lead to a metabolic disorder.
There are a variety of causes for metabolic disorders (e.g. Gaucher’s disease, Hereditary Hemochromatosis, and Phenylketonuria) and one of the most common metabolic disorders is known as diabetes, (which come in two types).
Independent of the type of metabolic disorder you suffer from, dietary guidance is critical. By avoiding certain food intake and focusing on others, you can manage weight and energy levels.
How Does a Nutrition Consultation Work?
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.
Appointments can be made on 042 43 4166 or you can directly book in our appointment form (under Nutritional Consultation)