Diabetes & Metabolic Disorder Nutrition
How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
Our highly-qualified dietitians & nutritionists
We are here for you
Our recent newspaper articles
More Details on Diabetes & Metabolic Disorder Nutrition
Enjoy the wholesome advantages of healthy weight management
Being overweight or obese can make a person more vulnerable to getting a variety of high-risk diseases and conditions. According to the World Health Organization, having a Body Mass Index (BMI) higher than 25 increase your risk factor in acquiring noncommunicable diseases. These include heart disease and stroke, which are two of the leading causes of death in 2012. Obesity is also a primary cause of diabetes, musculoskeletal disorders, and different forms of cancer, including of the breast, ovary, prostrate, kidney, and colon.
Our health professionals can help you avoid these by losing weight in a healthy and fulfilling way. We have a team of nutritionists and dietitians who can help you improve your diet and nutrition intake, as well as assist you in making the necessary changes to your lifestyle. We provide individualised nutrition consultations so we can address your specific nutrition and wellness needs.
We also have DNA Testing including theDNA Diet test to find out which diet and physical training programs work best for the unique genetic code of each individual. This allows our clients to maximise the benefits and results of their wellness programs.
With a combined approach of science and the principles of holism, our clients are able to enjoy a higher quality of life, while reaching their fitness goals and avoiding possible illnesses.
Maintaining a healthy weight is vital in keeping your physical well-being at its best. Keeping your weight to an ideal level can give you more energy to enjoy everyday life, and it can increase your self-esteem and make you feel good about yourself.
Experience these benefits with the help of a weight loss program specially tailored by our experts for you.
At Beyond Nutrition in Dubai we conduct many blood tests. The process is simple:
- Book an appointment at our Dubai JLT clinic and our licensed, experienced nurse will take a blood sample which will be sent to the lab the same day. The whole process will take around 10 minutes. We can also visit you at a location of your convenience (additional costs for home/office visits apply)
- The test result report with your blood values will be shared with you by email after 1-2 working days
- If the test results show you have any deficiency, it is highly recommended to expose your skin more to the sun. Bearing in mind skin risks and other limitations here in UAE, many opt for supplements or dietary adjustments. We can support you with separate nutrition consultations with our Dietitian to make the required changes to your diet and lifestyle
There are a variety of causes for metabolic disorders (e.g. Gaucher’s disease, Hereditary Hemochromatosis, and Phenylketonuria) and one of the most common metabolic disorders is known as diabetes, (which come in two types). Independent of the type of metabolic disorder you suffer from, dietary guidance is critical. By avoiding certain food intake and focusing on others, you can manage weight and energy levels.
The human body is extremely sensitive and intricate, and slight changes in the metabolic processes can have negative effects on the body. When there are abnormalities in how your body metabolizes food, this can lead to a metabolic disorder.
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.