Cancer Screening (Tumor Markers)
Why a Cancer Screening (Tumor Marker) test?
How does an appointment work?
Why Beyond Nutrition?
We are here for you
Cancer Screening (Tumor Marker) in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
We use tumor markers to detect the presence of certain types of cancer in the body, and to monitor the progress of cancer treatment.
Tumor markers are substances found in the blood, body fluids, or tissues that are produced by cancer cells. If a certain tumor marker is found in the body, it can indicate that the cancer is still present and ongoing treatment may still be recommended.
Specifically, we can use this test (in conjunction with other tests) to monitor the success of a current therapy, evaluate the need for surgical intervention, or assess the development of recurrence.
Common tumor markers
Some examples of common tumor markers include:
- CA15-3 is a tumor marker for breast cancer.
- CA19-9 antigen has been shown to be elevated in the blood of some patients with gastrointestinal tumors.
- CA-125 is a marker for monitoring disease progression in ovarian cancers.
- PSA is a marker for monitoring disease progression in prostate cancers.
- CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) is useful in monitoring patients with various types of malignancies, such as gastrointestinal, pancreatic, breast, and lung cancers.
At Beyond Nutrition in Dubai we conduct many vitamin D tests. The process is simple:
- Book an appointment at our Dubai JLT clinic and our licensed, experienced nurse will take a blood sample which will be sent to the lab the same day. The whole process will take around 10 minutes. We can also visit you at a location of your convenience (additional costs for home/office visits apply)
- The test result report with your vitamin D values will be shared with you by email after 1-2 working days
- If the test results show you have a vitamin D deficiency, it is highly recommended to expose your skin more to the sun. Bearing in mind skin risks and other limitations here in UAE, many opt for supplements or dietary adjustments. We can support you with separate nutrition consultations with our Dietitian to make the required changes to your diet and lifestyle
As underlined by our name, nutrition is core to our philosophy of a healthier life and we take great pride in the successes we have booked with our clients. Our nutritional consultations are uniquely tailored to maximize impact. Particularly in the cases of diabetes we believe that a well-designed diet plan is essential. During the consultation, our Dietitian or nutritionist will do a full and thorough nutrition assessment covering the following aspects:
- Concerns you may have and whether known allergies or intolerances are present
- Current food intake and dietary habits
- Medical history and medications or supplements that are currently used
- Exercise regime you are following (if following) and other lifestyle aspects
- Body composition analysis that will indicate a variety of measures including body fat mass, lean muscle mass, total body water, weight, body mass index (BMI), minerals, available protein for muscle building and more
- The assessment is often complemented with blood and / or DNA tests to get a better view of your physical makeup
Based on the assessment our Dietitian or nutritionist will provide advice on your diet and together we will set realistic and achievable goals (e.g. goals for performance, health, weight). A uniquely customized nutrition plan will be emailed to you to follow for two weeks. After this period a follow-up consultation is recommended to measure results and make alterations where needed.